The stinky feet are no-go, especially when you are going at your friends place. Everybody hates it. In fact, taking your shoes of around people can me embarrassing too. Look no further. The Regular Reporter has found out some tips that might help you lose that smell, thanks to Daily Health Post.
However, researches have found out that sweat isn’t actually causing the smell. It is in fact the bacteria on your skin that feeds off of moisture, causing the feet to stink and making people uncomfortable at their own skin.
It is very important to control the bacteria and pick what you eat, with eating organic preferable for a faster process. If you manage to do that, you will surely have squeaky clean and fresh-smelling feet, with no more stink and being uncomfortable.
A little bit of mixing herbs with some oils are a good thing, after a day spent on your feet. Let’s take a look.
Soaking The Feet In Sage And Rosemary
Considered as an antibacterial, antiviral and anftifungal property, sage has its own healing atoms.
The Rosemary on the other hand is also antibacterials and when mixed with sage they are a powerful healing system. In fact they will help you minimize the sweating on your feet.
With that being said, less sweat means less ideal environment for bacteria spreading.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary,
- 1-2 teaspoons dried sage.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water,
- Add the herbs,
- Let it cool down,
- Soak 30 minutes, 1-2 times a day,,
- Dry thoroughly.
Epsom Salt Foot Soak
The odor on your feet may be neutralized if you use salt. But not any salt. Only the Epsom salt helps here.
It can also soothe aching feet and replenish your body’s magnesium levels.
- One and a half cup Epsom salt,
- Eight cups warm water.
- Start by mixing the salt with the water until it dissolves completely,
- Use this mixture once or twice a day for 30 minutes,
- Dry thoroughly
Baking Soda And Citrus Soak
Considered as on of the best cleaning appliances, it is worldly used. However, it can help you with taking of your smell of the feet.
In fact it helps by odor control, bacteria killing and skins softening. The lemon on the other hand acts an astringent and has a wonderful, fresh scent.
- One quarter cup baking soda,
- Eight cups warm water,
- One lemon squeezed.
- Put baking soda on your feet, while they are placed in a bowl,
- Fill the bowl with water,
- Soak them for 20 minutes,
- Dry them completely.
With the vinegar being smelly, some people don’t like it, despite its healing functions. It can surely get rid of the excess odor.
That is possible because the vinegar creates an acidic environment that bacteria have a hard time surviving in, which kills off unpleasant smells.
- Half cup Apple Cider Vinegar,
- Eight cups of warm water.
- Fill a bowl with water and vinegar, while mixing them together,
- Place your feet inside for 15 minutes,
- Rinse them with cold water,
- Dry them completely.
Black Tea Foot Soak
The black tea fights foot odor hardly and it is widely used.
This method has been used for centuries and many people who have tried it swear by it.
- Five bags black tea,
- Four cups of warm water.
- Pour the warm water into a bowl, while your feet are inside,
- Add the black tea,
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes, once a day,
- Dry completely.
Don’t be afraid of using some of these methods. It might not work at the beginning, but if you practice them for a week or more, they will surely be effective.